Financial aid is available for eligible students in grades K to 8 for those who attend a Catholic Academy or Parish School within the Diocese of Brooklyn. Families must meet financial eligibility requirements to be considered.
DUE TO COVID-19, DEADLINES ADJUSTED TO July 24, 2020
Click on the following link to be directed to the application where you will find more information about Futures in Education scholarship programs.
|The application deadline has been extended to 7/24/20 to give families extra time to complete their 2019 taxes. 2019 taxes are required; they cannot accept 2018 or prior years’ taxes.
· Additional review will be given to families whose financial situation has changed due to the pandemic. Parents can add a note on the application if they’ve been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic (there is a comments section on the FACTS application).
· Futures will accept unemployment documents for 2020, to verify change in income due to the pandemic. Documents must be added to the FACTS application. Without documents to verify the situation, they will not be able to adjust income. Additional time may be needed to get through these changes.
· Families must be registered for 20/21 to be considered for an award; data from Option C data will be used to confirm registration.
· Awarding begins June 1st for income-eligible families with completed applications and will continue on a rolling basis, as funding permits.
· To apply, returning families should log into their existing FACTS accounts (except for Teddy Forstmann, see below) and new families can go to our website: www.futuresineducation.org, click “Scholarships” and “Apply Now”
· There is a non-refundable $35 application processing fee payable by credit card. Applications are available online in English and Spanish.
· Families who received a Teddy J. Forstmann (TJF) Scholarship from the Children’s Scholarship Fund (CSF) in the prior year have received instructions on how to re-apply from CSF. Please contact CSF directly for assistance: email@example.com
· Returning TJF parents should not apply to both Futures/FACTS and CSF/Civicore. Siblings can be added to their TJF application. Returning TJF recipients who also have a FACTS application will receive instructions to apply through CSF and the FACTS application will be closed.