We encourage parents and guardians to be active in your children’s education as volunteers. Each family is responsible for 15 hours of service. Families unable to complete the 15 service hours by the end of the school year are obligated to pay $10 for each uncompleted hour.
The following are ways to fulfill your service requirement:
– In the classroom (for example, being a class parent, helping with a class project, etc.)*
– At school (for example, recess duty, field trip chaperoning, etc.)*
– At the school office
– Teaching a class at the After School Program*
– At school events
– In a committee with our Home + School Association (HSA)
At events held during Catholic Schools Week
100 Box Tops for Education for 1 hour of service. Please do not submit “Labels For Education”?it is a different program and will not be accepted as part of your service requirement.
25 Inkjet Cartridges for 1 hour of service.
* VIRTUS training is required for volunteers participating in school activities with children. To attend and sign up for an upcoming VIRTUS session, go to VIRTUS online, select “Brooklyn, NY (Diocese),” and then click on “Start Registration.”